Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Cat's Claw Friend

         
       Saturday, April 9th 2011 was the day I relized the pain in my back was back. I had been through two operation and I was scared to have a third one. I planned to stay home for a week to rest my back but instead of my back getting better it got worst.
By week two I decide to visit my surgery to see what was wrong this time. The first time my back pain started, I remember it like it was yesterday. I had lift a 5 gallon bottle of water out of my car into the house and later that Saturday evening I started to have back pains. By the Tuesday I went to my regular GP to find out what was wrong, I had never had pain like this before. Standing upright and still feeling mental strong.
The GP told me after a quick examination that it was a torn ligament in my right glutunous max and it would heal on it’s own. She gave me a Voltaire shot and sent me home. I continued to work and the back pain got progressively worst...I tried ever thing from acupuncture, heat therapies to massages but I finally had to see a surgeon. He sent me for an MRI which was an ordeal, I could not keep both legs down and they had trouble knock me out for the 20 minutes.
I had an acute herniated disc which we tried tractions on for 4 weeks with my new physo therapist.  Then came the day of the operation. I was 180 pounds about 30 pound lighter from eating only fresh suncooked foods and avoiding pain killer because of the side effects...suicidal thoughts, water retention, consipation and rashes.
The surgery was successful and my family rallied around me and I was back out to work in 2 months...going for almost a year before I started walk and light jogging throwing me into a second operation. The herniation was removed in the first operation but the splinter inside the spinal column started to move causing pain, having to be removed in the second op.
This third time around it was scar tissue and a fresh buldging disc in the corner of my lower spine L5 (same spot) that is touching my scatic nerve and causing more pain than the first time...I tried a few pain killer with the same side effect but I was looking at surgery again...for a third time...I can’t believe it.
This time my surgeon was going to remove the disc, insert a bone and fuse the lower spine with screws. I had the CT scan and went home to wait for my operation date.
The pain was mind boggling and had to try something to reduce this inflammation...I settled on turmeric & cat’s claw. After a week the turmeric was thinning my blood because I was checking my blood sugar regularly I could see the different so I eased up on the turmeric and focused on cat’s claw daily, joint assist tea & reflexology weekly. Two week after not being able to sit or stand for more than a minute. I started to feel a change. I could walk alittle, by the next week I could go to the bathroom without the excruiating waves of pain. I could bath myself again. I could leave my bedroom. I call the surgeon.
He gave me a week and told me to come in so he can examine me. I was nervous. Could not sleep the night before. We arrived early. I walk into his office comfortably but worried all the pain was not gone and I was worried it would come back...I felt like I was on a fence.
The visit was friendly and lay back. I was walking upright so he was happy. Then the question came. I am an Iridologist, Herbalist & fresh suncooked cuisine chef by profession so the doctor asking me if someone with my prolems presented to me, what would I prescribe?...he had listened to my radio show so knew i would be trying other therapies.
He knew I was not given an anti-inflammatory so what did I use. Cat’s claw was my answer. He thought I should look at using  flax seed oil. Not my first choice.
I can believe it iI was going for surgery and now i am back at with just the use of Cat's Claw... I has reinforce my belief of natural therapies.
 Living Foods, Herbal Teas, Ocean Baths, Fasting, Saunas & Lots of sunshine....

No comments:

How to use a Neti pot

New Patio

New Patio
New Patio

Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil
Try our 1 gallon coconut oil

Wild Rice with chezy cauliflower

Wild Rice with chezy cauliflower
Lunch on Wednesday...Wild Rice

Leaf of Life

Leaf of Life
Leaf of Life is great for coughs

Chocolate Ginger Mosse cake

Chocolate Ginger Mosse cake
Have u tried our CHOCOLATE layer cake

Kombucha

Kombucha
Making Kombucha Tea with fresh cane juice

Paradise Pizza

Paradise Pizza
Best pizza ever

Golden Apple Chez cake

Golden Apple Chez cake
Golden apple Mango Chez cake